It’s been a great year for the Duluth Area Horse Trail Alliance. Check out our activities and accomplishments! Become a 2019 member and join the fun!
DAHTA Highlights of 2018
- Ribbon cutting for the Ely Peak Loop in the Magney-Snively Area to reopen repaired trail for horse riding!
- Front page Duluth News Tribune coverage, as well as all three TV stations.
- Worked with the City of Duluth on trail and regulatory signage.
- Rummage Sale at Proctor Moose Lodge
- Donation Boxes at local tack and feed stores
- “Spring Tune-up” horse sensory clinic
- Trailer Loading Clinic
- Duluth Air Show Beer Tent
- Grants acquired from Duluth Community Foundation for trail signage and mounting blocks
- Minnesota Trail Riders Association grant and additional DAHTA funds used to repair final section of wet Ely Peak trail.
- Spring trail ride at Boulder Lake
- Horse round pen demonstration at “Spring Tune-up”
- Participated in Esko Fun Days parade
Education & Outreach:
- Horses In Your Neighborhood (educates the public about horses and horse ownership at 5 local barns)
- Table at Northland Horse Fair in Superior, presentation made about DAHTA
- Participated in Duluth’s Great Outdoors Party
- Met with trail user leaders at Zeitgeist for informal discussion about shared trail use and ways to communicate trail etiquette.
- Further developed relationship with Cross Country Ski Club for shared trail development and maintenance.
- Participated in DWP Restoration Technical Advisory Group to discuss share use best practices, and provide
- Developed DAHTA display for City Hall, joining other trail user group displays.